Sunday, August 21, 2016

 

Surviving Cancer

 
 Robert Holding Maggie (November 2010)


My name is Robert Cousins and welcome to my web site about my recent battle with cancer and hope you will find it informative and entertaining along with the favorite photos link below. I have also included a link below to my favorite videos for you to enjoy watching.

I will begin with saying that I was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (cancer) in December of 2000 and was given only three months to live had I not began chemotherapy treatments immediately. I began my first chemotherapy treatment at the Peter Lougheed Hospital in Calgary in January of 2001 and completed my sixth and final chemotherapy treatment in April of 2001 and am very thankful to God and happy to say that my Oncologist (cancer doctor) officially declared my cancer-free in December of 2005.

My doctors were very surprised with how fast and well I responded to the chemotherapy treatments and must say that it was keeping the faith and the humor that helped me to surprise my doctors with the fast recovery.

My body weight was about 250 pounds before beginning the chemotherapy treatments and gained a lot of weight as a result of the chemotherapy drugs and weighed a very heavy 420 pounds after my chemotherapy treatments. Thankfully I have lost about 220 pounds during the last few years and have been trying to stay healthy and well since my battle with cancer.

I developed a big interest with wanting to learn and work with computers after my battle with cancer and received my first computer in 2001 and did not know anything about computers before being diagnosed with cancer. I began volunteering in the "CLIC" Lab (Computers Low Income Calgarians) at the Calgary Drop-In & Rehab Homeless Centre in July of 2006 with refurbishing computers to give to low-income people and families after first successfully completing one month of computer training classes.

I successfully completed the Comp TIA A+ Computer Repair Technician Course that is offered free of charge to all volunteers of the CLIC Lab at the Calgary Drop-In & Rehab Centre and recently challenged and successfully passed the two required Computer Repair Technician exams two years ago and was awarded certification from Comp TIA and feels great to have that certification.

Prior to becoming a volunteer at the Calgary Drop-In Centre,I was a volunteer for about four months in 2005 with CJSW 90.9 FM radio station located on the University of Calgary campus and voiced some commercials during my time as a volunteer with the radio station.
I graduated from the Radio Broadcasting Course at Columbia Academy of Radio,Television and Recording Arts school in Calgary in 1987 and was a volunteer with Channel 10 (Shaw Cable) Community Television station from 1981 until the television station stopped using volunteers to host and produce television programs in 1996.

During my years as a volunteer with channel 10 television station,I volunteered as a studio camera operator and did some on-air voice work for various television programs and recently learned last September that Channel 10 (Shaw Cable) Television station are now accepting and using volunteers again to host and produce television programs. I applied as a volunteer again last October with Channel 10 Television and have been active as a volunteer studio camera operator again from time to time when asked to help with television programs.


I enjoy keeping active with fixing computers from home and also volunteering from time to time with Channel 10 Television station and also enjoy creating humorous pictures with cartoon characters as my hobby to give to my friends, family and to various businesses.

Please enjoy the links below and you will also be able to view some of my creative pictures of cartoon characters by clicking the "Roberts Favorite Photos" link below this message. Feel very welcome to contact me at my e-mail addresses as follows to comment on my web site or just to say hello: robertinflight@yahoo.ca or robertinflight@shaw.ca


Robert's Favorite Photos

Robert's Other Web Site





"Don't Quit" Poem

Robert's Favorite Video Clips



Robert's Favorite Web Site Links

1)  http://stevequayle.com/

2) http://www.doctoroz.com/

3) http://www.jvim.com/

4)  http://soulworkwithjeni.com/

5)  http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/











Animated-Gifs
Animated Gifs

Comments:
It is actually a great and useful piece of information.
I'm happy that you simply shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.
my web site :: santa monica apartment
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?